Jun 3, 2009

What the prequels should have been...

Recently at E3, Bioware and Lucasarts debuted a cinematic trailer for the upcoming Star Wars MMORPG "The Old Republic" which is set approximately 3,650 years before A New Hope and about 300 years after KOTOR I and KOTOR II.

Words can't describe how awesome this is. Just watch it.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Cinematic Trailer

Wow. Just Wow.

I don't think it's a stretch to say the trailer is the best Star Wars video content released in the past 20 years. If I could have a single CGI movie of this caliber, I would give up the prequels, the Clone Wars TV shows, and all of the SW video games in the past 10 years (You can't have TIE Fighter or Dark Forces). This is the type of content that would have me as a fan opening my wallet and shaking it out for more. If only it weren't for an MMO...

I don't play MMOs for philosophical reasons (more on that later) but all of the press surrounding the game (storyline, KOTOR time period, tie-in comic) had me interested. Add this trailer into the mix and I am tempted. Very tempted.

This trailer is full of the Dark Side. And win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...