Dec 8, 2009

Urban Fantasy: Best and Worst


Good Urban Fantasy: Barnes and Nobles Best Urban Fantasy of the Decade


Glad to see many of my favorite series up there in addition to a few I may need to check out. I would say that Mike Carey's Felix Castor series is missing. No love for the Brits?

What's your favorite Urban Fantasy of the decade? Did B+N do a decent job?

Bad (and also hilarious) Urban Fantasy: Urban Fantasy Cover Art Awards


While I'm happy M.L.N. Hanover got nominated for the cover of his/her/its Darker Angels, that many Urban Fantasy covers in one place leaves me speechless. I just don't know how to react. I recommend taking a look over there and sharing your favorite cover/ title in the comments.



My personal favorites:
  • Spider Touched
  • Lover Avenged
  • Succubus Heat
  • Midnight Cravings

The only thing better is the categories:
  • Best Male/Female with Animal Cover
  • Best Floating Head Cover
  • Best Partial Body Cover 
I'd be really depressed if I wasn't laughing so hard.


Please note that I don't mean any offense to the writers of these books or the cover artists. The titles/covers are definitely oriented to what sells and publishing books with a certain feel guarantees sales. I would like to point out that 7 out of 13 books on the Barnes and Noble best of the decade list don't have typical UF covers.

1 comment:

  1. You should see the categories that didn't make the list :) I think at one point I considered Best Tramp Stamp. This is what happens when you drink and blog. Anyway, I'm glad everyone is having fun with the awards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...