Jul 2, 2011

Cause Baby I'm A Firework! [Not YetiPicks for July Post Just Yet]


Little known fact. I'm also Katy Perry
Didn't get through all 16 books for this month's YetiPicks Post just yet. Probably something to do with the fact that there were 16 books to select, sample, and spotlight. And that's with stricter selection criteria than usual. Blegh.

Let's face it, there are just too many good writers writing today. Something must be done. Any objection to sinking England?

Well, no, of course not EVERYONE. I've contacted Gollancz to build a boat. Two authors of every subgenre, you know the drill. And not necessarily one male, one female, mind you. We want authors writing, not fraternizing. Besides for every Joe Hill we get, there seem to be two Brian Herberts. Does the world really need Dune: My Dad's Shopping List?

I feel another cover spoof coming...
Anyway.

Instead have a nice, automatically produced widget of the most recent books I've received. There are some books I'm really excited to read, particularly The Alloy of Law, The Mall, The Clockwork Rocket, and Robopocalypse. See what the problem is....



Anyway, have a great [American holiday] weekend. Don't blow anything up. Nothing too important, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...